Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Humbled once again...






This is my long awaited friend Nicole Ann. She was born on October 11th. She is just the most perfect looking baby I have seen next to my own. Mommy and baby are doing great.


I had what I thought was the privilege of walking Nicole's dog, Max around the neighborhood to get the wiggles out. We planned the whole event. I have to drive my car across the street and Max jumps in. Back up and then let him out so he doesn't think he'll get electrocuted from his dog fence.


Did I mention that my sister has had the experience of being electrocuted by the dog fence? I know it sounds mean, but I really wish I had been around to experience the scene of that taking place.


Back to my story with Max...we didn't walk. We had a running explosion! We ran for 45 minutes. The only time he stopped was to bark at a scare crow. I really wish someone had video taped the entire scene. It really wasn't too bad until the next day and the day after that. My shins are killing me. I haven't run that much in a long time, or should I say, I haven't run that fast. I prefer my tread-mill or the rower (sounds snotty, but I do what exercise I have time for and doesn't hurt my aging body).


Just a great day with my dog friend Max...thanks Max!
But what was even better than all of that was being able to see one of my students at school for the first time since 3rd quarter of last year. My little friend, Emily, was diagnosed with Leukemia last year. She's not only my student, but a classmate to my son, Blaine.
What an amazing, strong and happy girl Emily is! She came to school for the first time since she left last year and she was so happy to be back, she could very well have thrown herself away. I know Blaine was so excited to see her and she is just doing super right now.
It humbled me to see Emily so happy after having such a terrible year. She is truly an inspiration to me and I was ever so grateful for the sweet reminder that life isn't always what you think it's going to be and then it changes again. Keep fighting, Emily! You can do it!


No comments: