Sunday, April 6, 2008

California

We made it! And now Skybus has not!

This time we made our trip out to California and had a fabulous time indeed. We were so fortunate to have fabulous weather and just a fabulous time all the way around. We didn't do a lot of "commercial" vacation things, but instead tried to stay away from Spring Breakers.
We did however, go to Sea World one day and to Mission Beach where I kept my clothes on to make up for the lack thereof around me. Some people really need to buy a gym pass instead of a bathing suit. Oh, you know you think the same way...

The boys touched grass for the first time this year. We went to downtown San Diego where the Padres play.
This is Coronado Beach. So cool. We were sooo white! I love this beach because it is quiet, as far as people are concerned. There is so much Naval activity on this beach, however. The fighter planes come right in over your head. We saw a group of Navy seals running on the beach in their combat boots. Both Matt and I marveled ( I maybe marveled a bit more) at how huge those guys were. They were ginormous and could probably kill me 50 different ways with just a thumb.


Blaine has always been our little billy-goat ever since he was little. We took a trip to Sedona one time and he refused to let me hold his hand when we were hiking around. Scared me to death. We took the opportunity to go hiking one day in the Cleveland National Forest. This was a stage coach road and so we walked around a bit. Blaine climbed more than he did walk. I was scared, but I didn't want him to know it.


This is the San Diego Temple that belongs to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It is just an amazing structure and I was taken by its beatuy. Next year, Ethan will be able to attend the temple with me and the youth...I don't even want to think about him being old enough for that, but he is. The grounds surrounding the temple were so pretty.



I'm going to tell you in more detail when time permits about this dog and the luxury life he leads. Here, Camo is playing dead and Blaine is mourning his death. I think this picture is hysterically funny. Later, Blaine climbed on a tree swing that was in the shape of a saddle and the dog pulled him all over the place. Blaine looked like he was riding a bull.

No comments: