Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It's either a snow day, or a sunny day...let's go Mother Nature!



Now, for the record, I love my job and the kids that I teach are some of the best kids around! However, this has got to be the worst time of the year at school. Anyone who lives in the "Gray Land" can testify. Not only have we not seen blue sky in like a month, but the kids have not been able to go outside for recess. There is not really supposed to be a pun in this next statement, but you do the math.
So, I have been doing everything I can to make deals with the Mother Nature Person. Evidentally, she's too busy trying to convince Al Gore that a two-seated airplane will lessen his carbon footprint instead of the ginormous personal jet he flies around in. I digress. My demands are simple, either we have a snow day, so the kids can romp around in the snow all day until I unlock the doors, or we need some sun here so the kids can romp around outside until I unlock the doors. Whatever the case may be, it really should happen rather quickly because I'm a woman on the edge.
I decided to put some of my pent up energy into treading to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and then I put two 12X12 scrapbook pages together. I LOVE looking at pictures of the boys when they were little. It has to be one of my most favorite things on earth to do.
This page was put together using the Simply Scrappin' supplies. There is no rhryme or reason to the pages, I was just enjoying the colors and the fun times we had a few years back at the lake in Connecticut.
The background paper is old olive textured and the other colors are rose red, taken with teal and summer sun. Fun colors to work with. I used a whole bunch of punches and a button or two. I used the Big Deal alphabet, Big pieces, Polka Dots & Petals and Little Flowers stamp sets.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Good grief, Woman! How do you accomplish all that you do? Do you not sleep? I did make 5 squares for you last night...but my mornings take so long to get started. You are an inspiration. Just glad I don't scrap

ginny said...

I love the scrapbook page idea. I am always looking for something new and cute. I have to agree with Susan, you are SO busy!! Makes me feel quite lazy.