Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It's who I am.

It occured to me yesterday that I don't share one of the more importatnt details of my life with people and that is that I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I'm not sure why I don't. I love answering people's questions, even the dumb ones. But being a member of my faith has been a great blessing to me and my children.

Our church lost its president on Sunday evening and I wasn't sad, simply humbled by him. Gordon B. Hinckley was an unbelievable figure to anyone of any faith.

I saw an excerpt from Glenn Beck (you can pause the music down below in order to hear)...now you're getting to know me even more, and I was impressed with how he described President Hinckley. And like Mr. Beck, I was not saddened by the news of his passing. My first thought was how happy he will be to reunite with his dear wife Marjorie whom he loved and respected so much.

I think President Hinckley's example was a very outstanding reminder that I have a lot of work to do to carry the qualities of such a man, husband, and father.

No comments: