Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tah Dah!






Okay, I'm going to be totally honest, I love Blaine's shirt! Ethan has one, too. My dad and step-mom got them for the boys for Christmas. I'm also going to tell you that I don't deserve the boys to be wearing those shirts this week.

It may be that Blaine is trying to butter me up. I have been referring to myself as "The Dragon Lady" this week. I swear I could breathe fire if I needed to. I would love to blame exhaustion, but that's no reason to have scales and breathe fire on my kids. Well...maybe.
With all of this "heated" energy, I finally went to town on my craft room. Ideally, I would love to have a counter top and cabinets, but I'm pleased to have the space I have and it's tidy and organized now.
You can refer to a couple weeks back when I attacked the craft room with the raging energy I had from missing our trip to San Diego because I didn't turn my alarm clock on. I'm over it now, but I was able to get a lot of things done that week. Believe me, I would have rather been in San Diego.
So, now that you think I'm a psychopath and are tempted to call social services, rest assured that Blaine and I spent quality time calming ourselves down to the sounds of Michael Buble while he stamped and I cleaned. I even made him homemade hot chocolate. Ooooooh Yeah.
The recipe is as follows (Brace yourself, I don't think it's high in fat):
Mix 1/4 cup water with 2 TBS cocoa powder and 2TBS sugar (I use Splenda or half Splenda, half sugar). Put in the microwave for 30-40 seconds.
Then add 1 1/2 cups fat free milk and put in the microwave for 3-4minutes. Times vary. I have the world's smallest microwave. When finished, make sure the chocolate doesn't have bits left at the bottom. Be advised, these chocolate bits are not tasty because it's pure cocoa powder. Ugh.
Add 1/2tsp of vanilla and then ruin the weight-conscious goodness with a wollop (that's about 4 dollops) of whip cream. I like the stuff out of the can or homemade, but either way...bring it on big time.
At this point, you'll want to make sure the kids are wearing their "Mom Rocks" t-shirts because this is a really good recipe and they will be too busy drinking the goodness to tell you how cool you are!
My mom and step-dad were able to come up for a quick visit, too. It was a blurr because we crammed a lot into the short weekend, but it was fun. We have been so fortunate to see the Grand-P's for two weekends in a row and from all over the nation!!!
I will be posting card pictures after tomorrow. I have a workshop and don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone who may be attending.

2 comments:

Susan said...

crazed woman! you DO rock. just accept it and move along.

Normal Mom said...

Seeing that uber organized craft area reminds me of your pristine desk area in college. I always admired how shiny and clean you were!
Anyway, it looks beautiful- rock on!